Saturday, September 20, 2008

WHEN PRESENT ENVIES THE PAST.....

So wonderful were those 22 years ;
When my nearest were actually near,
and each of those days went by with a happy cheer ;
I had enough food in my belly--courtesy my mother,
and my dearest were so near,I had nothing to bother;

For every single moment spent in that tinsel town,
I was the prince with a golden crown;

But alas! The prince embraced a guy called "ambition";
And saying buy to my hometown was hell of a perturbation;

For the new place,though extremely beautiful and grand;
And though it housed the wisest of the crew,
every face made me imagine Katherine the Shrew;

for the crew ranked high on ego,low on emotion;
And regional groupism was an accepted supposition;

The transformation that I underwent was so quick and fast;
Adieu my old self and away I cast;

Protecting the trunk of my thoughts with a strong lock,
now I became Cindrella post 12 O'clock;

Now I am lesser a man,more a tortoise;
And my face is opaque like the stone turquoise;

So,even if I am amongst the many,
Looking cheerful and sipping an evening tea,
I am lesser in that group and more in that tea;

Now,I have some forced food in my belly--courtesy the mess;
And now,how I am--is anyone's guess;

My ears await dearly for the welcome sound of "Bell's invention";
And if its a friend at the other end,it feels like a divine intervention;

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Quite deep... Essentially you are saying that you have changed since leaving home... But isnt that usually for the better?

निखिल said...

खूप आवडली कविता. मनापासून आवडली. ज्ररी पूर्णपणे नाही, तरी थोड्या प्रमाणात माझ्या बाबतीत किंवा सगळ्यांच्या बाबतीत असंच घडलं आहे. म्हणून ती मनाला जास्त भिडली.
मला तुझ्या या skill बद्दल माहित नव्हतं. त्यामुळे खूप भारी वाटलं...
Keep it up!

sauru said...

Ya Vishy....The positive point of this change has been to melt down my ego and to bind me strongly to earth.....But Vishy ,change is change...and whether it is for good or for worst...the initial friction of mind,soul and body is almost inevitable....

sauru said...

Thanks Nikhil.....

Unknown said...

whow... Are you Saurabh Pitkar? :) Kidding... I get the feeling I have to get to know you all over again... Specially this deep-seated emotional side of you...

sauru said...

Thats a characteristic of my species Vishy.....Though we are sort of rude and arrogant in the exterior....our interior is quite sensitive and emotional...Nobody can get to know me completely..Not even my parents for that matter...After all we are Scorpios!!!

Unknown said...

Waxing astrological, are we? :) Yeah, I have heard that about Scorpions. And even though I try not to concentrate on the astrological features of people anymore, I cant resist saying that Pisceans are also of that sort... Aren't both water signs?

crumpledpapers said...

its touching and brave. brave for baring it all.

sauru said...

yeah...Pushy...I had read this poem at a cultural function here in IITK....apart from getting a good applause,many gentlemen came to me after the show to tell me that the poem really touched them very much :)

brijesh said...

Good one Mr. sauru....who inspired you most to write "for the crew ranked high on ego,low on emotion :)". Very true and touching analysis.