Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lines written on the sands of Goa

Oh Arabian! by thy vastness thou betray
my sight;  Yet thou perfectly portray
on thy blue canvas, of fecundity the kind,
in emotions that wreck this helpless mind.

Though thy waters incessantly ebb and flow,
thou never crosseth the golden limits you know.
So are the surges of desire that wreck my tranquility;
Yet they abide by the cultured shores of maturity.

On the line that my eyes sketch, thy waters
run deep I know; So do my thoughts reach
the hell's door,where, to knock, my mind falters.

Oh ocean ! beneath thy blue facade, a world thrives
that the sun knows not; So behind my opaque mask,
do breathe my thoughts, the emotions, that mind derives.

                                                                                           ---Sauru

3 comments:

Swanand said...

Amazing...! It is difficult to capture the boundless sea within the boundaries of the Sonnet...!!!

vinay said...

wonderful poetry! a contemplative mind and the sea on its side, and there we have a poem as good as this! bravo Saurabh!

sauru said...

Thanks a lot Swanand and Vinay :)