Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Salvation ....

Inspired from a poem by my friend Sajan ....

Once, I had taken up a fight .
There was the "me" against the rest of world.
Injured and weary, I plod my way
on the chariot of unabated will power.
But, my will never ruled my fate;
And neither my destiny to me succumb;
For the very wheels were chopped off
by the vicious arrows of power.


And there I lay in complete disgust
allowing my temper the proverb to devour.
For where lay my will there wasn't a way ;
And about this world I had nothing to say.


As I lay there facing the starry sky.
Thought I......
What would I see the day I sleep.
Would it be a white blank page?
On which is carved the signature of my Fate
with an ink as white and ghastly
as would be the decoction of sorrow.
T'is the only one......
which maketh man leave his own shadow.
Or would the Almighty care write a word or two?


Me thinkst it not right.....
To desire this from the only one.
T'was he who helped me
empty my cup of sorrow.
He himself had half of it ;
And the other half was left for the morrow.


And then it struck me like a lightning ;
The knowledge of the very path
I was to tread.......
Where only Almighty would dare
become my very own shadow.
The path where love carried the sceptre
and death, the bowl of copper.
For I was the chosen one
to drink the poison and reject the elixir.
To take on the arrows of Fate
with a warm and placid smile,
would be my life's salvation.

                                       ----- Saurabh

No comments: