Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lines wriiten on my 24th Birthday!!

I have written a poem on my birthday  November the 7th, 2009....See if you like it :)




Today, as I sit sipping a cup of tea,

thinking about my past, present and future to be;

Better, I think, is the day today

to set my heart loose and mind astray.



I was born this day in the month of November;

And I have years gross twenty plus four, to remember.

Born with a tongue so sweet and noble a heart;

And a scorpion sting ofcourse, for my foes to thwart.



T'was today that the journey began;

The metamorphosis of an inchoate lump to a complete man.

I have observed the virtue and studied the vice;

With the Almighty as the sorcerer and I his apprentice.



A strong believer in action, dreaming was my profession.

To harmonize the two could only mean a fight against procrastination.

For whatever I've got, I have always fought.

even against destiny for the dearest to be sought.



And now, reclining on this cosy chair,

with a sense of hardearned lassitude, I dare

the lions: destiny and future to tame;

And I will be the shikari and my foes, my game.



For t'is only friendship that I abide with and serve.

And if anybody stupid enough has got that nerve,

to befriend enemity and become a perfidious foe,

he would be selling his joys for a disastrous woe.



For, if ever, one ties me into a knot of love and friendship,

this scorpio promises infinite care and companionship.

But if ever against me is taken, the path of animosity;

I would just say "Dude, May God bless thee!!"

------Saurabh

No comments: