Thursday, September 6, 2012

I am Sorry......

To a dear friend who means the most to me.......

I wish I could love and breathe
in this small room of mine
with circumstance at my nadir
and emotions the zenith.
Yet, all it takes but an err
in curbing love's inundations
to deprive me of my spade and scythe

O my friend! My hope! My meaning!
My tears! My shadow! My loneliness!
My Contemplation! My only Salvation!
The thing which turns the tears to smiles
O my dearest alchemy!
Yet, you foresake me for a drunken blasphemy?

O how could you not see the reason!
The very craving to see you smile
does lead to a paucity in thought
and nudity in action!
A friend's smile, the only elixir,
to digest the venom of lonely transgressions

O dear! please do not misunderstand,
this poesy to be cajolement;
but rather a full-fledged confession
about the vanity of my remark,
that pierced your noble heart,
as judged by my own guilty thought

And now, the guilty begs forgiveness
at the feet of a friend, he considers best
The satisfaction of saying a sorry,
soliloquy won't partake.
With my friendship at stake
and my saneness in jeopardy
O my friend! Speak! Speak to me!

                                               -----Sauru

2 comments:

vinay said...

Oh wow! wonderful depiction of the pain, desperation and disappointment on failing one's friend for some silly reason and then repenting the words said or actions done out of imprudence! Very well written Saurabh! (Although, I must confess, my vocabulary was found wanting when trying to understand some of those words :p)

sauru said...

Thanks a lot Vindy :)